Qualifying Wellness Exam
Schedule your exam with your Primary Care Physician (or Gynecologist). While most health plans require wellness exams be 365 days apart, YourChoice Health Plan covers one wellness exam every calendar year (Jan – Dec). So, If you had an exam in July of last year, you can still have a wellness exam in March of this year at no cost to you.
Remember to Bring:
The Wellness Exam typically includes the following:
- Blood Pressure
- Listen to Heart & Lungs with Stethoscope
- Skin Screening
- Testicular Screening for men
- Review Personal/Family Medical History
- Review and Discuss Blood Work Results (member must complete prior to the exam)
- Review and Discuss the items listed on the Wellness Exam Form
- Review, Sign and Date the Wellness Exam Form
- TAKE YOUR LAB WORK RESULTS TO YOUR WELLNESS EXAM APPOINTMENT
It is recommended that Lab Work be completed within 60 days prior to your wellness exam. Lab draw results generally take 7-10 days to post online.
Female Pap Smear/Pelvic Exams can be done by your OB/GYN or Primary Care Physician
How to Find a Primary Care Physician (PCP)
What if I Don’t Have a Primary Care Physician?
- Call Vickie at 941.741.2997 to schedule your appointment
- No Show appointments are not acceptable * You must give 24 hour notice to cancel or you will be charged $25
Wellness Center Locations:
- Southwest Florida Medicine at2902 59th St W, Suite C * Bradenton 34209
- North River Family Health Center at 606 4th Ave W * Palmetto 34221
- First Physicians Group Heritage Harbor at 1040 River Heritage Harbor Blvd, Ste 204 * Bradenton 34212
Wellness Center Services:
The Wellness Center services are limited to performing the Adult Wellness Exam only. Wellness Centers DO NOT treat illness, conduct mammograms, or provide tetanus shots at the time of the Wellness Exam.
*Not all physicians at the wellness centers will conduct a female pap smear. If needed, please inquire if any appointments are available to conduct the female pap smear/pelvic exam when scheduling your appointment.