Annual Yweight Enrollment
Yweight is a membership program that requires an initial AND final weight each year. Yweight enrollment is held annually during the months of May, June and July, during which time your starting/ending weight, body mass index BMI and rewards/goals are determined.
Program Enrollment Weigh-in/Weigh-out Sessions
Enrollment sessions are available by appointment only at the YourChoice Fitness Center and Employee Health Benefits Office, May through July. In addition, multiple work site locations, times and days of the week are available by appointment or walk-in during July.
Our Wellness Advocates/Coaches (male & female) will be conducting the weigh in/weigh outs. We understand that weighing in for some people is not a comfortable situation; we will do our best to ensure that each member’s weight is kept confidential.
Please arrive for your appointment on time, and allow 10 minutes for the appointment. If attending a worksite event, please allow 30 minutes for your weigh in/out.
All participants will be asked to remove heavy shoes, extra layers, and empty their pockets prior to their weigh in. You are welcome to change into lightweight clothing before your appointment, however, we do require that you remain clothed (no nudity, swimsuits, or similar allowed).
If you are at your healthiest weight and have fitness level body fat but a BMI >25 due to muscle mass, you will need to follow the below instructions prior to your appt.
- Do not eat for 2-4 hours prior to testing
- Do not exercise 12 hours prior to testing
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing
- Hydrate properly the day before
- Do not drink excessive amount of caffeine on the day of your test
- Remove large jewelry items
- Do not use sauna or take a shower immediately before measurement
- Measure after standing for 2-5 minutes
- For females, avoid having measurement during menstrual period as total body water will be higher than normal (increase in extracellular water)
Stay Enrolled – Get a FRESH START!
Whether you meet your goal or not, you must attend a Yweight Enrollment Session each year in order to remain enrolled in the program. During this session NEW Goals are determined for next year. Even if you gain weight you will Get a “Fresh Start” and still be eligible for a reward next year. If you do not attend a weigh-out session during annual Yweight enrollment you are not eligible for the Yweight reward and will have to wait until the following year to enroll in the program as a new participant.