Your Nutrition Benefits
Manatee YourChoice Health Plan Members receive up to 20 visits with a Network Registered Dietitian each calendar year. The plan benefit is identical for all four health plan levels
- NO CO-PAY FOR FIRST 5 VISITS.
- NO referral from physician needed.
- NO Authorization/Precertification required.
- YourChoice Health Plan pays up to 20 visits/calendar year. ($25 co-pay applies after first 5 visits)
What is a Registered Dietitian (RD)?
A registered dietitian is an expert in the area of food and nutrition. In order to become an RD, a Bachelor of Science degree must be obtained in the area of dietetics, nutrition, food science or the like, and s/he must complete an extensive supervised program of practice and pass a registration exam.
Why would I want to see an RD?
- To receive personalized nutrition advice and guidance
- To have a trained nutrition expert help me reach my wellness goals
- To help me manage diseases and conditions
- To help with food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances
- To provide menu planning and recipe substitution tips
A Registered Dietitian can help with all types of Nutrition Needs:
- High Blood Pressure
- Weight Gain/Weight Loss
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease