Wellness Reimbursement Program
Adult Members of the Manatee YourChoice Health Plan (including covered spouses and retirees) are eligible to receive up to $250 per calendar year for participating in qualified wellness expenses.
Qualified Wellness Expenses
- Sport and Recreation event fees such as 5K’s, 10K’s, mudder competitions and marathons
- Weight management/weight loss program fees
- Sport and Recreation lesson fees such as dance lessons, tennis or swimming lessons
- Group Exercise and Personal Training fees not subsidized by YourChoice
- Fitness center, health club, studio or aquatic center membership fees
- Wearable Devices such as a FitBit or other similar devise with proof of utilization
- Programs and services covered by your health plan such as chiropractic care, prescription drugs, massage or acupuncture
- Co-pays for Manatee YourChoice programs such as Tobacco Cessation, Diabetes, Personal Training, and Group Fitness co-pays
- Financial planning fees
- Sport equipment, exercise apparel or athletic shoes
- Food and supplements such as food purchased through a weight management program, protein bars, etc.
Refer to the Wellness Reimbursement Program Guidelines for a full list of Qualified and Non-Qualified Expenses.
- The annual reimbursement limit is $250 paid as a reimbursement check
- The program follows the calendar year; January 1 – December 31, all submissions must be submitted by December 31st to be reimbursed. If the reimbursement is not used during the calendar year, it is lost. No ‘rollover’ applies.
- The activity must be completed during the calendar year - Reimbursement is based on participation date not payment date.
- The activity must be on the list of qualified wellness expenses.
- There is no minimum amount required per claim submitted, however, batching claims together is recommended.
- Only items and services that are purchased by – and used by – the benefits-eligible member are eligible for reimbursement.
Proof of Attendance
- A log form such as the YourChoice Wellness Reimbursement Form must be submitted in order to receive reimbursement for group exercise classes, wellness related classes, weight management programs, personal training, and sport/recreation lessons.
- A log form is NOT needed for Fitness/Gym Memberships or Event Fees such as 5k races. However, you must submit a printed attendance report (minimum average 2x/week per month) from the gym* and actual bib number or chip time from the event to prove attendance. *Most gyms track attendance through a scanning system and therefore can provide members with an attendance report, and generally a payment report as well.
Phone: (941)748-4501 X3979 (12/31/17 - that fax is out of service, please use: 941-741-2980)
- The wellness product or services purchased must be clearly stated on the receipt for the claim to be approved. All reimbursements are subject to Wellness Committee approval.
- The submission is reviewed against Eligibility criteria, the list of approved expenses, the amount left for reimbursement and proof of attendance.