Medical Health Plan
The Manatee YourChoice Health Plan is the self-funded medical, dental and health management plan for the employees and their eligible dependents of Manatee County Government, including all of the Constitutional Agencies. What does Self-Funded or Self-Insured mean? It means Manatee County Government, through their own Health Plan “Manatee YourChoice”, uses their own plan design and pays for all health care directly instead of paying an insurance company to handle it. Although the Plan was created and designed by the Employee Benefits Division and is managed by the Employee Health Benefits Manager, the plan hires a “Third Party Administrator” (Aetna) to process claims, provide customer service support to members, and to run the Provider Network. The YourChoice Health Plan has a very unique model that provides on-site, individualized and personalized clinical resources for the employees. The clinical staff that support the Health Plan include Registered Nurse Case Managers, Clinical Pharmacist, Wellness/Fitness Coaches, Registered Dietician and Behavioral Health Staff, all working as an integrated multi-disciplinary Team under the direction of the County.
Summary Benefit of Coverage (SBC)
GLOSSARY of Health Coverage and Medical Terms
Additional Benefits and Coverage Information
2013 Benefit Rates
2013/2014 Additional Life & LTD Premiums
2013 Levels of Reimbursement
Benefits Summary: Provider Network/Contacts/Online Services
Benefits Online Services "MyHealth Benefits": Order New ID Card, View Claim Status, Benefits, Online Wellness Programs, and more.
Child Dental Preventive Care Benefits
Qualifying Event Guidelines and Incentive Program
Are Your Dependents Eligible?
Participants have the choice to enroll in one of four Health Plans based upon completing specific Qualifying Events.
The “YourChoice” Health Plan Levels:
- ULTIMATE - Highest Level of Reimbursement (co-pay, no deductible, no co-insurance)
The only difference among the four plans is the Level of Reimbursement (Refer to the Reimbursement Levels).
- BEST - Middle to Highest Level of Reimbursement (co-pay, deductible & co-insurance)
- BETTER - Middle Level of Reimbursement (deductible & co-insurance applies)
- BASIC - Lowest Level of Reimbursement (deductible & co-insurance applies)
*The level is determined by the co-pay, deductible or co-insurance, and the maximum out of pocket expense not including the deductible.
All four plans have:
- Identical Prescription Benefits with identical cost sharing
- Identical Medical Benefits with different cost sharing
- Identical Lifestyle Assessment & Modification Program (LAMP) Benefits with identical cost sharing
- Choice to utilize the Manatee Health Network or Non-Manatee Health Network Providers with different cost sharing
- Choice to utilize or not to utilize “YourChoice” Medical Management Programs and Guidelines
- Choice to utilize the Member Advocacy Program
Click Here for Qualifying Event details